Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Used to Like Painting... Trailer Restoration

        I am all painted out. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I don't want to see another brush or can for a while. I made probably at least double work for myself by buying the wrong primer. I just grabbed the primer off the shelf without tinting it. So I was using a lighter coverage product and making it take longer to cover the area. AND I didn't even get a full can because, as I found out later, the paint cans leave room for the tint so they are not full. So we were running out of paint prematurely. The grey I bought was way lighter than I thought it would be against the white for the cabinets. So the kids keep mistaking the grey for white and you can't really tell until it's dry.
      



     Overall though, I am very pleased with the turn out. We still have the cabinets to put on and give one more coat. I also bought some really cute handles, they are shiny silver. They cost like 30 cents at the local hardware resale store. I am really excited to see them go on. I would like to get the doors on and all repair work finished by Monday. That's my goal, to lay the flooring by Tuesday. We have two different designs of peel and stick floor tiles from Home Depot. I was going to go with used donated or resale shop tiles, but I wanted to be able to get exact replacements when they started to get raggedy.

I still have to pick a color for the bathroom too, something like turquoise I'm thinking. I'm running a grey theme through the whole trailer though. Other than that, I think we are making good time as far as preparation goes. I will update tomorrow if we get the doors and hardware on. Take care family, Shalom!

9 comments:

  1. I think it's going to turnout great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!! Y'all have to come see it soon, :)

      Delete
  2. It's looking great & so much roomier looking with the light colors! I love the idea of a turquoise bathroom & bonus, that color looks great with grey! Our old RV needs major sprucing up too so I'm looking forward to seeing the total transformation of your trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about grey is "IN" right now so you can find décor in almost every shade. Also grey is a nice compliment with almost any other color, to help tie the spaces together while still helping to define the separate areas.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was going for a light grey on the walls but its a little lighter than I had hoped, but the effect is nice. Brightening up the room.

      Delete