Wednesday, August 5, 2015

When the spirit moves...

     So today has been a roller coaster of surprises. I thought that I would spend the day fixing on the camper and possibly getting the cabinets finished.


The kids ended up going to my mother in laws so without the extra hands I really wasn't feeling it. So I told hubby to take the truck to work and instead figured I would focus on selling everything in the house that's not nailed down.

     After about 5 postings on craigslist I decided to check on my admission status at the university we applied to. They informed me that I had been admitted yesterday and would be getting a welcome packet soon. YAY!! I figured I would now be able to schedule an orientation and advising appointment. Mind you The university as well as our new land location is about 5 1/2 hours away from where we currently live. Having to coordinate our trip to view the property with one of those orientation dates has held up the process of making the trip down there. As I could not attend orientation until my admission was complete and there was really no way of knowing when that would be since we applying so late.

     So when she told me I was admitted as a transfer student I would not be required to make a trip at all I was geeked. She transferred me to advising where I spoke with a lovely lady who walked me through registration and I am now ready for the semester to begin as a Agriculture Major....Nice huh :)

     As if that wasn't enough good news, my hubby got permission for the owner of the cab company we work for to take one of the cabs to make the trip to check out the property. That means we don't have to put pressure on either one of our cars or pay for a rental. That is a huge relief and savings.

Other than that no new news on the camper, or land expect we talked to the power guys to get a better idea of what we need to buy to get everything hooked up after they do their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment